Tuesday 29 August 2017

Popular Tshwane Dj - King Austin


King Austin Que & A

Que1: Who is King Austin?

A: I am a simple and humble guy from the grounds of Mamelodi, White city born with a desire for music is who I am and ever since I started understanding my environment and learned that music has actually become a part of my life that I just cannot deny.

I remember this one moment my brother back then collected some good music from every genre and played them each on different days.  So I got used to loving different sounds of music and that’s what makes me who I am today.

Que2: When was your starting point with music?
A: 2010 I was no longer a virgin in music as I went out on many occasions with my buddy Tshepo who I looked up to when it comes to me being a DJ, at the time a place called Osizweni became my playground and that’s when I started hanging out with a good friend and a master in Mamelodi music “Snowdeep”, that’s when Lewis come into my life and that all just did it for me to become the man I am today. So I became more interested in music more ever  Snowdeep and Lewis  got me more into it week after week so I fell in love with playing music for a crowd, yeah!

Que3: And what happened with Katlego from then till now?
A: Katlego became King Austin in the public ears and eyes, I remember the time I started playing for a large crowd and they actually liked the set that and then on everything became alive and so much realistic people closed in, I became well known and everything just took place. Also I had uncounted some challenges and responsibilities… I mean life is not what it seems to be with the fame and everything but it has consequences along the way, with you today creating difficult situations that will come back to slap you hard enough to wake you up about how life is.

Que4: How long does it take you to make one track?
A: To make a track it takes me A day or a day and a half depending on the final touches that I have to correct over and over for a perfect sound but it can also take about 2 days or more if I am working on a project with other artists.
Que 5: Where do you find your inspiration to produce a track?
A: Thing about me is that I travel a lot as a DJ and I get to find inspiration from the places I get to visit and that’s how I manage to get my head into the zone and able to replenish some good sounds, it’s really a natural thing I don’t spend time looking to replicate sounds. And I fill like that’s what many artists these days are doing with music just replicating sounds and in the end that melody’s life span is very very short.
So produce good music that will live on for a long time span in the devices’ of my listeners out there.  One of my strongest plat in music is that I find inspiration from the memories I have and I work hard in producing the best quality sounds so that the listeners can encrypt the message very well and understand the melody.
Que 6: What are some of the other challenges you face with the digital music and how producing music has changed over the years?
A: Well there is a massive difference in the timeline of producing music from 10 years ago to this day and like I said today’s music life span is not controlled very well, one of our problems as producers is that we create music that will be durable for only one season of a single year and then the track is no longer enjoyable to listen to in the next year or two.
So in my field of being a House DJ I create good music with meaningful thoughts in it and I blow a torch through your bad mood to create a good mood that’s what music is all about, if you can’t feel the beat, vocal, sound, lyrics, effects and mastering of a track in any genre I mean that’s back music period.
And I mean – it takes time to make quality track and make it a lasting track for years, it takes inspiration and dedication, mixing different sounds all that makes it a challenging matter to creating a good track and usually it takes about 0 – 35sec for it to be difficult but I tell from then on the pitch just gets into the stream and I cook some good music.
Que 7: How many of your tracks have you released so far?
A: 9 tracks
Que 8: And how many more tracks or albums can we expect from King Austin?
A: At the moment I will be composing 5 more tracks to add to the 9 to make it 14 tracks an album and we will take it from there step by step cannot confirm yet of the number of albums are to be made, because there are projects that I will be working on with the likes of Snowdeep, Lewis and many more.
Que 9: Apart from the music industry, what are your other career choices that you looking into?
A: Well uhm… currently I am studying IT and it has been my desire to study IT as my back up career.
Que 10: How would you describe yourself to people?
A: I’m a natural born leader, there’s nothing fake about me and that’s what I want people to see in me.
Que 11: What’s your message to your family, fans, friends and people out there who are listening to your music?
A: Learn to appreciate yourself – if in life you can accept yourself the way you and have self-worth then I assure you that you will know what you want.  And it’s very important that you explore various options which is healthy and will get you far in life. Don’t ever lose hope no matter how hard it is.to be your best  
And lastly always believe in yourself!






No comments:

Featured post

Febian Glitch Magazine founder

This is your Magazine by all ways of your desire! Febian Glitch is originally a young fella from east of a township well known as Mamel...